March 13, 2010

Learning to crawl

What a joy it has been these last couple of weeks to watch as Aaron tries to figure out how to crawl. It's been all the usual stages...pushing up on his hands from his tummy to lifting his entire body off the ground while on his tummy, then bending his legs when he pushes up, rocking back and forth in a sitting position, lunging forward from sitting to being on his hands and knees...all the while scooting and sliding little by little. Most of the time it ends in frustration for him. He is not a master crawler yet, but he is definitely gaining confidence and able to move around some now. Time to move all the cords, check all the outlets and make sure my floors are actually cleaned more than...ooh, maybe I better keep that information to myself. :-)

It struck me how much Aaron's learning to crawl reminds me of my walk with God. It consists of many small steps that take awhile to figure out and get comfortable with. It can be scary and frustrating, but He is always with me as I'm trying to get it right! Often times I end up flat on my face whining and crying, but the beauty is that He always picks me up to try again and with each attempt I learn more, gain more confidence and understand how it all works together.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth - praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

1 comment:

Reilly Fitzpatrick said...

learning with lots of skinned knees over here too. and whining. so glad our Heavenly Father is patient. and so excited to hear that little man is on the move--kinda sad though. it has all gone so fast for me :) love you sister. so glad you share your inner workings with me! smiles, kelly