March 9, 2010

Children Learn What They Live



If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.

If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.

If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.


If a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence.

If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.

If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.

If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.

If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.

If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.


I have no idea who wrote this, but it's on a small card that I have and I just love these simple and pertinent reminders. And I am thankful that my children are full of love and grace towards me because parenting 'aint easy!


If only they could all behave and interact as sweet and docile as they appear in these pictures! But then how boring would my home be...and how ever would I learn or grow as a mommy?

1 comment:

Reilly Fitzpatrick said...

ummmm! ummm! those delicious nelson kiddos! so cute. love the poem and the faces. thanks for always being so real. turkey necks and collard greens? i am not so sure...