July 24, 2010

Yada Yada



For some reason when I have a baby that I am nursing, I am able to get SO much reading done. And so help me if I find a book that is irresistible, it's like I speed read it every time I lay down to nurse. So this is how/why I've been able to read these fabulous books called The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson. There are 7 of them I discovered and when I'd finish one, I couldn't buy the next one fast enough. Easy reading, entertaining, convicting, teaching...they have impacted me and provided hours of relaxation.
Upon completion of book 7, I was so disappointed because there weren't anymore to read. Then I discovered there was another series by the same author that overlapped many of the same characters - The Yada Yada House of Hope series!! I just finished book 3 of that series and would you believe that she hasn't finished the fourth and final book yet? Of all the...now I have to wait until March. I'm so bummed.
The women in her books have taught me a lot about being a Christian, about being a wife and a mother, a true friend, a prayer warrior and how to live my life. Truly it has been more than just hours of mindless reading.
In the book I just finished, a character said this, which I found myself relating to so very much: "It's easier for me to trust God with other's peoples problems than my own. That's why it's good to have a prayer partner or a group of praying sisters. To hold up our shaky faith, to remind us of God's promises, to stand with us when we don't feel so strong ourselves."
And I am so amazed (and thankful) that in correlation with reading these books, I have become part of a special group of women who are just that...so, HSF, thank you!!

No comments: