July 21, 2010

We are suckers!

Emmie Rose has us wrapped around her tiny little finger! We're trying to get her out of our bed. She's been sleeping with us since she was born, although there have been spells that she has slept in her own bed, but mostly she's with us. And now that Aaron has joined us, it makes for much more cramped sleeping quarters.



So we tried the tough love thing the other night. It resulted in Emmie crying hysterically and repeatedly getting out of her bed to come beg to sleep in ours. I was annoyed. Jay was losing his patience. We were stern. We got angry. She cried more.

Just when we thought she had given up, she tiptoed out to the living room with her puppy dog eyes and says, "Mommy, I am all alone in my bed and I love you so much so I need to sleep near you so I won't be alone."

I said no and sent her back to bed.

She started whimpering and said, "But I can't sleep alone because I love my Daddy so much and he goes to work and I miss him so much so I have to sleep near him."

We said no and sent her back to bed.

She cried harder and said, "But Mommy you are my bestie and I have to sleep with you!"

OK...so my heart did start to melt a little at that point, but I still told her to get in her own bed. She started blubbering again about loving Jay and missing him when he's gone at work. Next thing I know she is up in his lap, crying on his shoulder. Then Jay told her to lay on the couch and close her eyes.

And here was the end result of the battle of the beds that night....






Emmie was moved from couch to bed and somehow Brendan snuck in there too!

We obviously had to move a couple kids before we could get in OUR bed. I think there is a term for this...Family Bed...co-sleeping. Good thing it's a cal king.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose said...

Kady, that is the funniest story. I love that little Emmie...she is a charmer. How can you refuse her. I personally would have given in at the first little comment...oh but the bestie got me...I would have kicked Jay out just to make room for her. HA!!!! Just kidding...I wouldn't recommend kicking Jay out. Stick to it and it will eventually work. I am so glad you wrote all that down to remember that story. Too Cute!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Liam is still in our bed most of the time.... and Kenzie too ;-) I honestly love it!!!!