April 19, 2011

Times Have Changed

Back in the day, I was very particular about certain things.  When I had my first baby, I made everyone wash their hands before they held him.  My bed had to be made every single day.  Dishes were never left in the sink over night.  My childrens' outfits always matched.  Their hands and faces were clean.  The five second rule kind of grossed me out (so many germs on the floor).  The laundry was always put away neatly.  My children were bathed every night, with fresh PJ's on and brushed teeth.  The babies always sat in a high chair and most certainly had a bib on. 

Times sure have changed! 


 Some days they stay in their PJ's until after lunch and watch a lot of TV. 

Some days they wear the exact same thing as the day before, which was also what they slept in!


Sometimes he'll just wear his rain coat inside for hours on end and I don't have the energy to "argue" about it.


Typically, every room in the house looks like this...crap everywhere, toys spread out - nothing picked up.

And most nights, the kitchen counter is covered with dirty dishes.  And it is a rare sight to see my bed made.


With the fifth child, there are nights when you might catch him in the backyard, all alone, in only his diaper, riding a scooter ~ well past his bed time!!

Or days when he may be caught playing in rain puddles or mud in his PJ's...and not get a bath until later.


And more often than not, the outfits may or may not match.  It is highly likely that one or more children may leave the house with plaid shorts and a striped t-shirt...or looking like Punky Brewster.


There is no use of the bib for this kid, although it does drape nicely over the back of his high chair. 

His face does get cleaned after a meal, but other than that I can't guarantee anything.  And the five second rule has turned into the 30 second rule - wouldn't want to waste anything, would we?

I have five children now...who has time to be anal?!?!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

This is terrific, Kady. I love your honesty, and your blog!

Anonymous said...

Love your new layout!!! I loved this..... I love you & your family <3