September 29, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

This verse encouraged me this morning as I dreaded the repetitive tasks of the day looming ahead of me. I need to put the clean dinner dishes away, empty the dishwasher, get the kids dressed, make my bed, change a diaper, put tonight's dinner in the crock pot, get the school day started...and that's just within the first hour of the kids waking up!

This verse encouraged me to change my attitude this morning, and every morning for that matter. I am not doing all these tasks for man, but the Lord. He has given me these five blessings called children, he has blessed us with a spacious home and a fridge full of food. He has provided multiple clothes for all of us to wear and machines that make washing all those clothes much easier for me than most women in the world!

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks for God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

1 comment:

Sarah Elwer said...

funny, i didn't read this post until just now - thanks for my attitude adjustment this morning :)