February 27, 2010

8 months old today



I just can't believe Aaron is eight months old already! He has just learned to clap in the last couple of days, as you can tell by the picture. He has also started working on his crawling techniques. He gets up on his hands and tippy toes as if he is going to do something, then collapses like he's so exhausted. We just laugh. He is still nursing and we have tried rice cereal which he threw up several times, so I tried oatmeal and he won't swallow that, spits it out and cries. Go figure...all my other babies loved cereal and he hates it! Amazing how each child is so unique. We may just go right to veggies.
I've been thinking back to the difficulty Aaron had when he was born, having surgery at ten days old and spending two weeks in the NICU. I am so thankful that God saw us through those hard times. I look at Aaron with all his chub and rolls and feel truly blessed that his problem was an easy fix and he is thriving now.
Many people wondered how Jay and I got through those scary/emotional first few weeks of Aaron's life and we give all the glory to God for sustaining us. Sure we were scared, but the underlying sense of peace we felt was amazing. Neither of us had ever experienced anything like that before. The power of prayer was intense! There were so many people praying for Aaron and us and we were in awe everyday at how much those prayers were getting us through. So thank you to all those who prayed and passed our prayer requests along to others.
One of my favorite verses in the Bible was very applicable during those first few weeks of Aaron's life: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)



No comments: